Sometimes Canon printer users face a very common problem i.e. the printer starts printing blank pages. There are a few very common reasons behind the Canon printer printing only blank pages. In this article, we will be discussing the reasons behind this issue and solutions to solve the same.
- Reasons Behind Canon Printers Printing Blank Pages Problem:
- Methods To Solve Canon Printer Printing Only Blank Pages:
Reasons Behind Canon Printers Printing Blank Pages Problem:
Mentioned below are a few very common reasons behind the Canon printer printing blank pages issue:-
- One of the very common reasons behind this issue can be using corrupted software.
- Sometimes the cartridges are not properly installed in the system which results in printing blank pages.
- Most importantly make sure your hardware i.e. your Canon printer is working properly. If there is any kind of default in the printer it will not be able to print properly.
- Sometimes the vacuum gets blocked in the printer which eventually results in printing only blank pages.
- Maybe the level of your ink in the cartridge is not enough to print. That is why the printer starts printing blank pages.
- May fundamentally issues can also be a reason behind this issue.
You may also like to read: How to fix printer not responding error on Windows 7?
Methods To Solve Canon Printer Printing Only Blank Pages:
1. Reinstall the Canon Printer Driver:
You can reinstall your printer’s driver by following the given steps:-
- Go to the ‘Control Panel’ on your computer system and look for the ‘Program and Feature’s option.
- Now search for your printer Drive there.
- Right-click on your printer software and click ok ‘Uninstall’ to uninstall the drive.
- After that, you have to restart your computer system again and again install your printer drive on it.
2. Deep Cleaning of Your Printer Drives:
For deep cleaning of your printer drive follow these steps:
- Go to the Control Panel on your computer and open your printer’s Driver link.
- Look from your Canon printers’ model number and right-click on it then go to the Properties option.
- Scroll down looking for the ‘Device Settings’ option and then click on the ‘Preferences’ option.
- Under the Preferences option select ‘Print Head Option’. There you will find ‘Services and ‘Clean Print Head’ option.
- You have to use the ‘Clean Print Head’ option again and again until the print head is completely cleaned.
- Now go to the ‘Maintenance’ tab select the ‘Deep Cleaning’ option to properly clean the device.
- Once the Deep cleaning is done perform the printing process once to check the working of the printer and if is printing blank pages till now or not.
You may also like to read: Why is my printer not printing black?
3. Unclog the Print Head:
When the printer is not in use for a very long time the print heads are blocked. There you have to unclog the print heads while printing very carefully. You can follow these steps to do the same:-
- First, switch off your printer and look to unclog the print head and remove it.
- You have to remove the cartridges of the printer also.
- Take a clean soft cotton cloth to clean the printer properly.
- Remove the old died out cartridges and install the new ones.
Now you are good to go your blank pages printing problem will be solved, hopefully.
4. Check the Documents You Wish to Print:
You have to make sure that the documents you are trying to print are not already blank. Obviously, if the document itself is black it will print blank pages only.
5. Do Not Use Low-Quality Ink Cartridges:
Ink places an important role while printing. Users are advised to use good quality cartridges so that the documents print out quite well.
6. Check Breather Tape:
This issue requires immediate rectification. This creates a vacuum in the cartridges which restricts the ink to come out and print in the result of which we receive blank printed pages. So, it must be immediately removed so that the vacuum is not created in the cartridges.
You may also like to read: HP printer printing slow problem?
7. Update the Printer Driver:
Even after taking into consideration all the points still the issue exists users are advised to update their printer driver. To update follow the given steps:-
- Open the Search Box on your system and search for ‘Device Manager.
- Place the mouse on the ‘Print Queue’ option and a drop-down option list will appear.
- Now right-click on your printer and select the ‘Update Driver’ option.
- Look whether an update is available or not if yes install the latest update on your system.
- Once the update is installed restart your computer system and try printing again.