Yahoo account key is a very important and useful feature offered by Yahoo. The Yahoo Account Key feature simply provides an additional security layer to your Yahoo Mail.
This feature keeps your data and emails more secure and you can easily and without any hesitation carry on with your other work.
You can enable this feature on your Yahoo Mail anytime you want, it will just send a confirmation message to the user asking whether they actually want to enable the feature or not, and then if you agree to it the Yahoo Account Key feature will be enabled.
- Setting Up A Yahoo Account Key
- Sign In With A Yahoo Account Key
- Activate Account Key Feature
- How To Fix Yahoo Account Key Not Working?
Setting Up A Yahoo Account Key
If you are having to face a yahoo account key not working so you need to consider these measures because these are the main reasons to get this trouble.
- First of all, you have to go on yahoo app info and make sure notifications are enabled or not if it’s disabled so make it enable.
- If you are using a third-party app for accessing your yahoo mail account make sure to generate an app password to access your yahoo account.
- If you get a pop-up and an error of ‘uh -oh’ you will have to wait for 24 hours to retry to access your yahoo account. If you fill in the wrong details many times then you get this error after 24 hours you will be able to access your account.
- This is a common mistake that sometimes people use the wrong account so make sure you are using the right mail account.
- One more thing, you have to use an updated phone number to use the account key.
Sign In With A Yahoo Account Key
To enable Yahoo Account Key feature on your Yahoo account follow the mentioned below steps:
- Launch the Yahoo app on your device and log in to your Yahoo account.
- Now look for the Profile icon at the upper left corner of the page and click on it.
- Right under your Email address, you will find the “Account Key” option click on it.
- From the options available click on the “setup Account Key” option.
- After that, you will be asked for approval for setting up your Account key. Tap on “Approve” if you want to enable the feature.
- A “Got It” button will appear in front of you click on it and then click on the “Enable Yahoo Account Key” button.
- That is it your Yahoo Account key feature will be enabled.
Activate Account Key Feature
As soon as you enable the Account key feature of Yahoo you have to log in to your Yahoo account again for approval.
By following the same steps log in to your account and a message will be sent to you for the approval of the feature.
Click on “Approve” and after that, you will be asked for a verification code sent to your registered phone number. Type the verification code carefully to approve the action that is it now you can enjoy the Account key feature of Yahoo.
But, recently many users are facing problems with the Yahoo Account Key feature they are not able to set up the feature, or the feature is not working properly.
If your Yahoo Account Key feature is not working you can reset the device or you have to set up your Yahoo account again. We know this is a very time-consuming and complicated procedure but this is the only option left.
How To Fix Yahoo Account Key Not Working?
If the Yahoo Account Key feature is not working on your device follow the mentioned below steps to solve the problem:
1. Not Receiving Account Key
Some people complain that they are not receiving their Account key. First of all, users must make sure that they have switched on the notifications on their devices.
For receiving the Account key you will have to allow the app to send you the notifications.
The confirmation will be sent to you via message only and if your notification is switched off then you will not know whether you received it or not. But, f you are sure that your notifications are on and still you have not received the Account key you can request notification to Yahoo.
To do the same you just have to click on the “Resend” button on the Yahoo page.
2. Receiving A “Uh- oh” Error Message
IF you have requested so many text messages that it exceeded the number of messages allowed in a day for account confirmation you will receive an “Uh- Oh” error message. In that case, you will have to wait for at least a day or 24 hours to try and log in again.
3. Setting Up New Phone Number
Sometimes the phone number which is registered with Yahoo Mail is no longer in use or is not active. That is why users are not receiving the Account key messages.
In that case, you will have to change your mobile number with an active number that you are currently using.
4. Using Two Steps Of Verification Technique
On an alternative basis, you can also use the Two-step-verification technique if your Yahoo account key is not working properly. To set up Two Steps verification technique follow the given steps:
- Disable the Account key feature first.
- Go to the Account Security Page.
- Next to the Two-step Verification click on the “Toggle” button to turn it on.
- Now you will be asked to provide your mobile number.
- Once you are done typing the mobile number click on the “Send SMS” or “Call Me” button according to your preference.
- You will receive a verification code via text message on your device. Type the code and click “Verify”.
- Your two-step verification is now activated.
5. Still Didn’t Receive An Account Key
Follow the mentioned below steps –
- Launch the Yahoo sign-in page on your device.
- Now enter your Email address in the text field and then click Next.
- There you will see a “Try Another Way to Sign in” option. Click on it.
- After that, you will be asked to fill in the missing digits of your registered mobile number. Type the number and click on “Submit”.
- Now click on the “Send me the Verification Code” button appearing on the screen.
- Simply type the verification code and you will be logged in to your account.