How to Block Calls on My Spectrum Home Phone: The problem with prank calls has always been difficult to deal with. The person on the other end is having a good time, but for those who are answering the calls it is very annoying. This has only gotten worse with time, and now it’s not just about someone getting a kick out of winding up other people.
As more and more businesses try to sell you something or the other, your number is sure to get a lot of automated calls every day. It can become frustrating if you wait for an important call. There has to be a way around it, right? Someone must have developed an effective method to end this with the huge advances in technology. Well, I’m happy to say yes!
With the advent of the digitization of phone services, service providers like Charter Spectrum™ have come to include a contemporary residential voice service in their list of offerings. The Spectrum home phone service is committed to customer satisfaction. And, offers over 28 digital features, which help you streamline your day-to-day communication, and avoid unwanted calls.
Spectrum has invested effort in the development of tools that assist your fast-paced daily schedule, and eliminate unwelcome calls too. Here are some features you can add to your phone to stop unwanted calls.
- Types of Call Blocking
- Block Anonymous Calls on Spectrum Phone
- Block Telemarketing & Robocalls on Spectrum Home
- Access Other Voice Features on Spectrum Phone
- Block Anonymous Calls Using Spectrum’s Online Facility
- Accept Select Callers Using Spectrum’s Online Facility
- Avail the Call Guard Feature for Better Security
- Reject Calls Whenever You’re not in the Mood
- How many numbers can the Spectrum call blocking feature block?
- What number activates the reject anonymous call feature?
- Is Call Guard free for Spectrum subscribers?
- What is the best call blocker for landline phones?
- Does *61 block unwanted calls?
- How do I stop Spectrum from calling me?
- Does Spectrum sell your phone number?
- How to Block Unwanted Calls on Your Spectrum Home Phone?
Types of Call Blocking
There are three types of call blocking that Spectrum Voice has.
Blocking Anonymous Calls
There are calls with no caller ID.
Blocking International Calls
This feature is available to customers who do not want to receive international calls. There are no unwanted robocalls.
Blocking Collect Calls
A collect call is a call in which the person who is called pays the call’s cost, not the one who made it.
Block Anonymous Calls on Spectrum Phone
The calls that don’t show a caller ID are pretty questionable. These are the ones you don’t need to be concerned with. You can program your home phone to block anonymous calls if you are a Spectrum subscriber. Any call which comes in without a caller ID will be rejected by your phone. The caller will get a message telling them they don’t get caller ID calls, and they will be advised to unblock their number before trying again.
The Anonymous Call Block feature is available on your Spectrum Home Phone. If you want to stop the service, just dial *87. It’s simple.
The feature can be activated through your Spectrum account. If you follow these steps, you will be done in no time. If you are away from your home, the online option can be useful.
- Click on the phone icon at the top of your screen to sign in to your Spectrum account,
- then select the Edit option next to the Peace & Quiet category,
- and choose from the listed features that include Block Anonymous.
- And, that’s it! It will be a thing of the past if you get anonymous calls.
Block Telemarketing & Robocalls on Spectrum Home
A security threat is posed by unwanted or fraudulent calls. The Call Guard feature is a part of the home phone service. It’s like its predecessor. The Nomorobo calls for an end to calls. The new Spectrum Call Guard blocks malicious calls.
I’m able to give a caller ID alert for other calls. The Call Guard can analyze call patterns and screen incoming calls in real-time. Call Guard is activated for all Spectrum home phone subscribers. The Call Guard feature can be managed via your account. Here you can add phone numbers to the Allow List.
You don’t have to be aware of incoming calls from the selected numbers. The Call Guard feature can be accessed via your account.
- Go to the Services tab and then the Voice sub-tab if you want to sign in to your Spectrum.
- The Manage Call Guard option is available if you select it.
- Here you can manage the Allow feature, view calls blocked by the Call Guard, and enable or disabled the feature.
- All incoming calls are blocked by the Spectrum phone service. You can ask for a change in this feature by contacting Spectrum Customer Service. The professionals at Spectrum will guide you through the process.
Access Other Voice Features on Spectrum Phone
The Spectrum home phone service comes with a good number of digital calling features. If you set out to make the best use of each, it can get quite overwhelming, but by accessing your account online, you can take control of the features included in your phone service. Similar to how you access and manage call blocking options, you can also manage other features too.
- Click on the phone icon if you need to sign in to your Spectrum.
- Click on the settings and you will be directed to the voice zone.
- If you have more than one Spectrum phone line make sure you choose the right number.
You can change your phone feature by selecting one of the categories: Peace & Quiet, Voicemail settings, Call forwarding, call waiting, and 3-way.
Your online Spectrum account not only gives you access to Spectrum block call features in one place but many other useful ones. And, helps you customize each according to your needs.
Block Anonymous Calls Using Spectrum’s Online Facility
- You can reject the calls from unrecognized numbers or those with a caller ID by setting up your Spectrum landline.
- If you want to get this service activated, you need to dial * 77.
- If you have a change of mind, you can dial *79 to get rid of the service.
Accept Select Callers Using Spectrum’s Online Facility
If you only need a few numbers to have contact with you, you can just enable certain numbers and take only their calls.
- Click on Accept Selected Callers
- Enter the numbers you want to use when you sign in to Voice Online Manager
- Then hit Save to save changes.
Avail the Call Guard Feature for Better Security
A serious security threat can be posed by unwanted and fraudulent calls. Like all Spectrum Internet Plans, their phone plans come with a feature called “call guard. There is a feature that protects against malicious calls. To know which incoming calls to answer and which not, it sends caller ID alerts for the telemarketing calls. There is a brand-new feature that will be rolled out in January of 2021. It is available to Spectrum home phone customers at no additional charge.
Reject Calls Whenever You’re not in the Mood
You can also reject calls that are blocked. When you don’t want to take calls, you can use this feature. The caller is told by a pre-recorded message that they are not taking calls. All you have to do is dial *60 from your phone and then dial *80 to stop it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many numbers can the Spectrum call blocking feature block?
Ans-You can block up to 30 numbers with the Spectrum call blocking feature. The Call Guard takes care of all telemarketing and robo calls, as well as the Anonymous Call Block feature which picks on calls with no caller ID.
What number activates the reject anonymous call feature?
Ans-If you want to reject calls from an anonymous number, dial * 77 from your phone.
Is Call Guard free for Spectrum subscribers?
Ans-The Call Guard feature is free for Spectrum users. It’s enabled for all Spectrum home phone subscribers.
What is the best call blocker for landline phones?
Ans- CPR V5000, Panasonic call blocker, and Sentry 2.0 are some of the best call blocker for landline phones.
Does *61 block unwanted calls?
Ans- You can add the previously received number to the blocked list by calling 61.
How do I stop Spectrum from calling me?
Ans- You can either dial 1-855-75-SPECTRUM or use online mode to stop Spectrum from calling.
Does Spectrum sell your phone number?
Ans-Spectrum doesn’t sell your phone number to any third parties.
How to Block Unwanted Calls on Your Spectrum Home Phone?
Ans-Spectrum customers can block all types of unwanted calls from the privacy of their homes. If you have wished to block all such calls on your Spectrum home phone service, be relieved because the call blocking feature is at your service! This feature is completely free of charge. The company has implemented privacy tools and voice features to block illegal and fraudulent calls, which makes the lives of its customers more comfortable.
You can see how easy it is to block calls! Whether it is Spectrum TV Packages, internet, or phone plans, people are in love with the services of the provider. If you need help with blocking or getting calls from the number you blocked, you should call customer support. Spectrum TV Gold pricing, general questions, and even technical issues like Spectrum modem login errors are some of the inquiries that they entertain.