As you all know in today’s world the printer is a very important part of people’s workstation. But when printers do not work it gets very frustrating and annoying sometimes.
In this article, we will be talking about what are the most common problems that printers commonly face and will explain in detail the solutions to solve those problems. So, if you want to know more about these problems continue watching.
Usually, when you send a command to the system to print your document, an error message occurs. This makes you so annoyed and frustrated because you have tried every possible thing to print the document and noting is working and all your work is pending just because of the error.
The printer in an error state problem appears on your computer when printer driver corrupted or, the ink inside the printer is jammed and printer cover is open or the printer is not connected to the computer properly.
Reasons For Common Printer Problems
Mentioned below are a few points which you can keep in mind and why these common printer problems happen:
- Most often it is the result of a recent software change such as a window update, which interferes with communication between your computer or PC and the attached printer.
- BIOS issue is a common factor for the occurrence of errors in the printer.
- Any kind of virus or malware attack and worsen the problem even more.
- The printer driver can be corrupted causing errors in the printer.
- There can be a lack of high-speed internet connectivity.
- The wires and USB may not be properly inserted into the printer.
How to Fix Printer Problems?
1. Run Troubleshooter
If you are facing the problem of “Printer in error state” you are suggested to run a printer troubleshooter if you are unable to print your documents. Follow the given steps to troubleshoot the printer and fix this problem:
- Make sure that your printer is plugged into the power supply and is properly turned on. Check the USB connection is it working properly or not or the wireless connection (for the wireless printers).
- If your printer still shows the “Pinter in Error state” message, download the printing troubleshooter and run it.
- If you are still facing the same problem there is a possibility that your printer may need a new driver.
- Right-click (or press and hold) the “Start”
- After that select “Drive Manager”.
- After selecting those now select “Expand Printers” and find your printer in the list, right-click it then choose the “Update Driver” option from the list appearing on your computer screen.
This will update your printer driver and the problem will be solved.
2. Check Wi-Fi Or Cable
After following the above steps if you are still facing the problem i.e. if your printer’s status still displays “Printer in error state” there may be a problem with the printer itself.
Make sure that the printer is turned on properly and connected to your PC or computer by Wi-Fi cable. Check if there is sufficient paper and ink in the printer. And make sure that the cover of the printer is not open. Double-check if the paper is not jammed inside the printer.
3. Update Windows
Press the start button and open settings:
- Click Update and Security.
- Select Windows Update from the options.
- Look for any updates available and let it complete the process of updating the window to the latest version.
- Restart your computer once the window is updated.
- After rebooting the window check if updating the window fixed the problem.
4. Reinstall The Printer Driver
Follow the following steps to reinstall the printer driver:
- Open the Control Panel.
- From the control panel select the View By Large Icons.
- Click on the Devices and Printers option.
- Now right-click on the Printer option and select Remove device.
- Once you select remove device confirm your device removal whether the printer is disconnected from your computer or not, and then restart your computer.
- After the computer reboots, your printer will be automatically deleted and reinstalled. If it does not happen unplug the printer and plug it back in again to reinstall it.
- Select the Print spooler service to automatic
- Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard.
- Type MSC in the run box and then press Enter.
- Look for Print Spooler and select Properties
- In the general tab set startup type to Automatic and click on apply from the drop-down menu.
- Restate your computer to see if it fixed the problem or not.
5. Check The Condition Of The Paper, And Then Reload It
- Replace the paper in the tray if there is any ripped, dusty, wrinkled, or bent paper in the tray.
- You are advised to use only plain, white, unused paper in the printer when you are facing this problem.
- Make sure that all the paper in the tray is the same size and type. Avoid loading mixed types and sizes of paper in the tray at the same time.
- You can tap the stack of paper on the desk or any other flat surface to align the edges.
- Make sure there are at least 10 sheets in the stack of paper and not more than 25 sheets of paper in the printer at a time; otherwise the printer will not accept it.
- To make sure that the stack of paper is fully inserted inside the printer, gently push the paper guides to snuggle against the paper.
- Try printing again after considering all these steps and make sure that the condition of the paper inside the printer is correct.
6. Reset The Product
Steps to reset the printer:
- Turn on the printer and disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for at least 15 seconds.
- Now plug the power cord back again into the wall outlet.
- After plugging back in the power cord again reconnects the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer again.
- Hopefully, these steps will resolve your issue and you do not need to continue troubleshooting.
- If you are still facing the same issue and the error still occurs move to the next solution.