No matter how many security features a developer adds to the device a hacker always finds a way to break into Android phones. Sometimes, a hacker can misuse a little information provided by the android phone user to hack his phone.
If you also feel that your phone is hacked, read on and follow the steps on fix a hacked Android phone.
How Do You Know If Your Phone Is Hacked?
Mentioned below are a few simple tricks and methods by which you can know whether your phone is hacked or not and you can take immediate action:
- Receiving calls and Messages are sent or made through the mobile phone unknowingly.
- Apps not working properly and every now and then you receive an “App Crashed” message.
- Your calls are automatically diverted to some other contact in your mobile phone without your instructions.
- Numbers of apps are installed in your phone unknowingly and eat up your phone storage.
- Whenever you are trying to browse lots of unknown pop-ups appear and restrict you from browsing.
- Your mobile phone lost signals.
- Activities take place on your accounts without your knowledge.
- Your phone heats up without even using it even when it is kept ideal.
- Your data usage increases for no reason.
- Overall poor phone performance.
Ways To Fix Your Hacked Android Phone
Although as discussed before Android phone is a safe Mobile phone but no matter how many security features a software developer installs in a mobile phone, a hacker finds something or the other to hack them.
In that case, all you can do is to make sure that you are taking all the precautions to prevent your Android mobile phone to be hacked.
Few ways by which you can fix your hacked android mobile phone
Factory Reset Your Mobile Phone
To rest your mobile phone is the best and the easiest way by which you can remove or prevent Malware from entering your Android mobile phone.
First of all to proceed with this solution you just have to make sure that you have a backup of all your files and folders present on your phone.
Otherwise, you will lose access to all your files and folders all the important documents will disappear after you reset your Android phone.
Steps to reset your Android phone:
- First of all Switch off your mobile phone.
- After that try pressing the Volume up button and Power button together.
- Wait for a few seconds and you will see your mobile’s logo will appear on the screen.
- Once you see the mobile logo stop pressing the Power button but keep on pressing the Volume Up button.
- You will reach the Mobile recovery after a few seconds; once you reach there stop pressing the button.
- Now you can use your Volume buttons to move up and down and with the help of the power button, you can select the option.
- You have to select the “Delete All User Data” option from all the options available.
After that your screen will be blank and your phone will start resetting itself. Android phones can take a while to reset depending on the data present in the phone at that time.
Alternative Way To Resent An Android Phone
Follow the following steps given below to learn how to reset an android phone
- Go to the Mobile phone’s setting option. The settings option is present in every phone but the position depends on the Brand of the Mobile phone you are using.
- Scroll down through the options appearing in front of you and look for the “Factory Reset” option. If you cannot find the option go to the search option on the top with a “Magnified Glass” icon and search for the “Factory Settings” option.
- Now click on it and select the “Erase all Data” option.
After that, your phone will go blank and that is the indication that the rest procedure has started.
About Phone >Factory Reset >Erase all data.
Every Android phone has this setting, but it can vary among the different phone brands that you are using. If you can’t find the above settings, here is what you should do.
Step 1: Open the phone’s settings.
Step 2: Tap on the search icon (or magnifying glass icon) to open the search bar and enter ‘factory reset.’
Step 3: Once you find the Reset setting, enter the page and select ‘Erase all data.’
The time taken to reset by a device depends on the amount of data that you have stored in your phone.
There is another thing that hackers also use call diversion or forwarding which is a known concept that we usually use to redirect our calls and messages to other numbers. But a hacker can misuse the same feature for their own use to direct messages, calls, or other data on his own device.
You can dial the USSD code to find out who is receiving all your messages and calls.
But you might think of just disabling forwarding calls, you can disable all the forwarded call settings at once, you have to just open the phone dial pad and then dial ##002#.
General Ways To Avoid Hacking
Whenever a hacker tries to break into a device, he usually uploads malware or installs a spy app that copies every keystroke, app activity, location, photos, files, etc., from your android phone.
These apps work in the background so that the victim won’t be able to know anything about it. But a spy app or malware runs your device performance almost all the time, the phone’s workload increases when it runs, and it starts acting strangely.
There are several signs that an android phone shows to the user to indicate strange or unknown activity in the device. If you can identify them, then only you can quickly secure the device and prevent mobile hacking.
Here are eight general ways that you can follow to unhacked your android phone:
- Your phone must have an anti-virus app and the apps must be updated from time to time for its proper working.
- Do not open any unknown or bizarre messages or emails from unauthorized users.
- Keep checking your Phone’s working. Keep a track of all the activities mentioned above so that you know as soon as your mobile phone is hacked.
- If you are receiving too many pop-up ads lately unsubscribe to all the websites immediately and reinstall the web browser to avoid the risk.
- Keep a complete backup of your data and reset your Android phone from time to time if you are not sure about the hacking.
If you still feel that your phone is acting strange, format your Android mobile and restore it to factory settings.
But, the factory data reset is the most effective solution and many times used and suggested method.