It doesn’t matter what type of printer you are using i.e. wireless or with wire, your hp printer can slow down. Mentions below are some common reasons why your hp printer faces slow problems:
- Jamming of paper in the Pinter
- Empty ink/ toner cartridges
- Maybe you are using an outdated or corrupted device.
- Your printer may be connected to a shared network.
- Your Printer server may be overloaded at times.
- The printer configuration might be in a bad state.
- Your printer is not able to handle the printing load.
- USB cables are not working properly or the connection is losing.
These are the few reasons why hp printers have long delays before printing there can be many more reasons but mentioned above are a few common reasons.
- How to Fix HP Printer Printing Slowly?
How to Fix HP Printer Printing Slowly?
There are some common checkpoints which we need to keep in mind before we move on to the real solutions to solve the issue or to fix the problem.
1. Reset The Printer And Use Different Cable
Steps to reset your printer:-
- Turn your printer ON and disconnect the power cable.
- Now, wait for a few minutes.
- After that plug back in the power cable properly.
- Now connect the printer with the power cable.
Your printer will be reset and hopefully will start printing faster.
2. Reinstall The Printer Driver
To reinstall the printer driver follow the given steps:-
- Search for add or remove programs on your computer.
- Uninstall the printer from your computer.
- Now go to results and you will find your printer there.
- Reinstall the printer on the computer.
- After that navigate to www.123.hp.com and follow the given instructions.
3. Properly Check The Ink Cartridge And Paper Tray
A most common reason for your hp printer printing slowly can be your empty ink or toner cartridges. Make sure that they are not empty. Even if your paper tray is empty you will not be able to print.
You can look at the HP guide through which you will get to know whenever your ink or toner cartridges are going to be empty and you can call for backup cartridges.
You may also like to read: How to fix printer not responding error on Windows 7?
4. Update The Printer Driver
To update your printer’s drive follow the given below steps:-
- Search for HP software and driver downloads page.
- You will be asked to enter your printer’s model number, once you have entered it click on “Submit”.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and download the latest version of all recommended drivers.
5. Switch To TCP / IP
If you are using the WSD port there are changes that your hp printer will print slowly. So you have to switch to TCP/IP to do so, follow the given steps:-
- Search for printers and scanners on your PC.
- Right-click on your printer and go to Printer Properties.
- Scroll down and look for the “Ports” tab.
- Now click on “Add Port”. From the options available.
- After that choose a standard TCP/IP port.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- You will be asked to enter your IP address in the text field.
- Now enter the name of the Port in the respective field. After that click on Next”.
- You have to wait for a few minutes to process the configuration after that when the screen appears select the printer type and click on “Next”.
- Now if you have not updated the driver update it or otherwise select the current driver. Click ok “Next”.
- Mention the name of your printer in the respective field and click on “Next”.
- From the options choose To do Not Share This printer and click on “Next”.
- Tick the checkbox in front of Set as the default printer option.
- Now finally click on “Finish”.
You may also like to read: HP printer keeps saying out of paper issue
6. Printer Preferences
Sometimes by choosing a specific paper type or setting the quality of the paper to the best can slow down the printing speed of your printer.Users are advised to print in a draft form only with normal paper quality so that the performance of the printer is not affected.
By following the steps given below you can change your printer’s printing preferences:-
- Search for printers and scanners on your PC.
- Find your printer by right-clicking on it go to the Manage option.
- Click on Printer Preferences.
- From the options available click ok “Paper Quality/ Paper Tab.
- For the paper type option choose “Plain paper”
- After that adjust the quality of printing by going to Graphics. From there choose Normal or Draft quality.
7. Choose Both The Cartridges For Printing
In some old HP printers, you are only allowed to print using only one cartridge which makes the printing process slow. Make sure you are using both cartridges to print so that the printing process does not slow down.
Read also: How to fix HP fax error 344?
8. Check Your Network Status
- To check your network’s signal strength you have to go to the taskbar of your PC and click on the wireless icon on it.
- For stronger signals, you are advised to put your router and printer close to each other.
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable is connected properly if you are using one.
- You are advised to close all other applications if you are using any to boost up the printing process.
- If nothing works try to reboot your router, unplug it and connect it again to the PC. Wait for a few seconds and start printing again. Hopefully, your problem will be solved now.