You may come across this problem many times. While using the Printing Device with a Windows computer, you may face an error The HP printer says out of paper.
Normally you may think that you are actually out of paper and need to refill the paper tray to continue using the printer, that is why you are facing this problem. However, sometimes a user gets such an error message irrespective of whether he is out of paper or not.
In such a situation you may wonder what is wrong because there are already papers in the tray and still the printer is not working? This makes users irritated and think why he is getting such an error message.
We suggest you not panic, the error is not so uncommon, and can be easily remedied by using some security methods. There are some tricks and techniques that work well with such a problem.
- What Is The Meaning Of HP Printer Says Out Of Paper?
- What Is The Reason My HP Printer Says Out Of Paper?
- Causes Of HP Printer Says Out Of Paper Error Issue:
- What To Do When Printer Says Out Of Paper When It Is Not?
What Is The Meaning Of HP Printer Says Out Of Paper?
An HP printer can say that it is out of paper to reflect an error. The device’s input tray may really be having no paper loaded in it. There can also be a malfunction in the printing machine. As a consequence of this problem.
You may see the message “HP printer says no paper” when there is a set of sheets in the device. For as long as the message is not resolved, printing operations may not be performed.
What Is The Reason My HP Printer Says Out Of Paper?
If your HP printers keep says out of paper so it’s a common issue it’s just a machine and it can also be repaired if you have this problem so you don’t need to worry. I will help you to fix this problem.
First of all, we need to know the reasons for this issue. There can be several, there can be several causes. A few of these causes have been listed in this section.
You can look at them below:
- The paper feed roller of your hp printer may be stifled with paper dust or
- Your device’s driver maybe
- If you use low-quality paper it can also be a reason for this.
- You may be using printing paper with curled.
- The paper input tray of your printing machine maybe.
- There may be compatibility issues with your HP printer.
- Certain printing jobs maybe may have become stuck in your HP printer’s printing queue.
- The print spooler service can often cause your device to run into this.
Causes Of HP Printer Says Out Of Paper Error Issue:
The most common reason behind you getting the “HP Printer Says Out of Paper” message is that you are probably out of paper and your paper tray is empty. That is why you need to refill the paper tray if you want to use the printer again.
But if there is already paper in the paper tray and still, the message shows the HP printer is out of paper there can be some other reasons for this kind of error.
- Loose connection.
- Old printer driver.
- Incomplete drive for the printer.
- Compatibility issue in between System Built-in and Third-Party Apps.
What To Do When Printer Says Out Of Paper When It Is Not?
We are going to discuss some of the simplest and effective methods that require the least technical knowledge and can be performed by anyone:
1. Reset The Product
Steps to reset the printer:
- Turn on the printer and disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for at least 15 seconds.
- Now plug the power cord back again into the wall outlet.
- After plugging back in the power cord again reconnects the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer again.
Hopefully, these steps will resolve your issue and you do not need to continue troubleshooting. If you are still facing the same issue and the error still occurs move to the next solution.
2. Check The Condition Of The Paper, And Then Reload It
- Replace the paper in the tray if there is any ripped, dusty, wrinkled, or bent paper in the tray.
- You are advised to use only plain, white, unused paper in the printer when you are facing this problem.
- Make sure that all the paper in the tray is the same size and type. Avoid loading mixed types and sizes of paper in the tray at the same time.
- You can tap the stack of paper on the desk or any other flat surface to align the edges.
- Make sure there are at least 10 sheets in the stack of paper and not more than 25 sheets of paper in the printer at a time, otherwise the printer will not accept it.
- To make sure that the stack of paper is fully inserted inside the printer, gently push the paper guides to snuggle against the paper.
- Try printing again after considering all these steps and make sure that the condition of paper inside the printer is correct.
- You can also try loading different brands and kinds of paper in the printer at a time.
If the issue still persists then continue to the next solution.
3. Adjust The Paper Setting In HP Print Driver
- Open the document that you were trying to print when the following issue occurred.
- Click File and then click Print. The Print dialog box will appear in front of you.
- Click the button that opens the Properties dialog box.
- Click the tab that provides paper type and size.
- From the size drop-down menu, select the paper size that is present on the paper tray at that time.
- From the Type drop-down menu, select the paper type that is percent in the paper tray at that time.
- Click ok to save the changes you made.
- Now try printing the document again.
- If you want to change the type of paper in which you want to print the document again change the paper in the tray and then repeat the previous steps for the new paper type.
- These changes do not change the default print settings. The print settings return to default the next time the program opens.
- If the problem still persists move on to the next solution.
4. Clean Your HP Printer’s Paper Feed Rollers
Follow these steps to clean the paper roller:
- Press the power button to turn off the printer.
- Disconnect the power cord of the printer.
- Remove the rear access door.
- Some printers have one release tab; some have two release tabs, some have a knob to turn, and some have in tray catches. Some also have automatic two-sided printing accessories.
- Remove the rear access door to access the paper rollers for cleaning.
- Rollers should be dried out completely and then replace with the rear access door or duplex-er. Slide the rear access door or duplexer into place, and then gently push it in until it clicks or snaps into the place.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Try printing the document again.
- If the issue still persists move on to the next solution.
5. Get Your HP Printer Serviced
Service or replace your printer if the issue persists after completing all the preceding solutions. Go to your companies customer support to schedule a product repair or replacement.
These are some solutions to the HP printer out-of-paper problem.
Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ)
What To Do When Printer Says Out Of Paper?
If you keep on receiving the message that the printer is out of paper when it is not firstly, check the paper rollers clean any dust. Also, make sure that the paper stake is not wrinkled or folded from the edges.
If this happens take out the paper tray place the paper stake properly and then put it back in the tray. Now try printing again.
How To Get Rid Of Paper Stuck In HP Printer?
By using the handle in the middle of the cartridge try removing the cartridge from the printer. Now by using both your hands grab the edges of the paper that is mostly visible to you at that point, pull evenly from both sides so as to avoid tarring of the paper.