Many Microsoft users now a day’s face this problem frequently. Whenever they try to login to their account an error occurs. Most of the outlook users complaints about the same problem again and again.
There are many reasons because of which this may happen. Sometimes Microsoft does this to protect your account also.
Why Microsoft Temporarily Suspended My Account?
Microsoft has strict policies designed to provide you with the best experience. Because of which it does not allow any malware, phishing and spam destroy or enter your account.
Most of the time to prevent your account from fraud or unauthorized users the Microsoft Company temporarily suspends your account.
Mentioned below are the few common reasons because of which Microsoft can suspend your account temporarily:
- Sending too many undelivered emails can lead to suspension of your account.
- Signing in from various different locations every time.
- If you create too many accounts at the same time it is against the company’s policy.
- Sending unwanted or inappropriate code or software unintentionally.
- Receiving, deleting or downloading large number of emails via IMAP or POP within a short period of time.
- Sending inappropriate content via email.
- Asking or tricking other people to share their personal or confidential information.
- Sending messages or content to people you don’t know.
- Create your account using bots, scripts or programs.
Difference Between Banned Or Suspended Microsoft Account?
If your account is temporarily suspended by the company it means that you will not be able to use or access your account for a limited set of time.
Your access to your account will be blocked until Microsoft lifts its suspension. According to the reason why your account is suspended, you may have to perform some steps to lift that suspension.
Once the suspension period is over you can access your account simply like earlier without any difficulty.
Also read: Windows 7 Unable to Save Display Settings
On the other hand, if your account is banned by the Microsoft Company it means that you can no longer access your account in the future. Ban is permanent or for the limited time period.
You can appeal to the company to regain access but in most cases, the Microsoft Company will deny it.
How Do I Get My Microsoft Account Back?
The main purpose of Microsoft to suspend your account temporarily is to prevent it from being misused. Mentioned below are the steps to follow if you want to regain access to your account:
- Via Phone Number: to reactivate your account using your phone follow these steps: –
- Firstly go to the sign-in page and try to log in to your account.
- If you are not able to log in enter your current phone number and request the company to send you a verification code via text message.
- Type the verification code on the web page.
- Now you can change your password.
Now you must decide whether you want to keep your phone number or alternative email address or nor after that click on continue to unblock the account.
Once the procedure is completed you need to login into your Outlook account again with your new password everywhere. Now you can use your new password to access your account your old password will not work.
- Via Online Form: Another method is through an online form. You have to provide all the information mentioned below
- Your full name.
- Alternative email address.
- Temporarily suspended email address.
- Your phone number.
- Detailed explanation about the issue you are facing.
- Under Type of problem choose – not able to access any Microsoft service using my Microsoft Account.
You will receive on your alternative email address from customer service of Microsoft about the instructions what you have to do next.
- Through an Appeal: If you are still facing the same problem you can contact Microsoft customer service anytime you want. Microsoft service providers are 24* 7 available to solve your problems.
- Using Do Not Pay: If you want to regain access to your account faster. You can take the help of Do Not Pay. All you need to do is:
- Just create your Do Not Pay account or if you have it login to your account.
- Enter unban my account in the search bar.
- To complete the procedure you will asked about few details such as:
- The name of the platform that suspended your account.
- The date on which your account was suspended.
- Your permanent address.
- Reason why the platform suspended your account temporarily.
- You have to mention the type of service you were using i.e. paid service or not and also mention if you want the refund from the company or not if you were using their paid service.
- Lastly your correct username.