How to Reset Outlook Password?
We all know that passwords are probably one of the most important things to remember in this modern fast growing world and no one of us can think to forgot the password but some how one forgot their password or passcode so here we will let you know the easiest instructions to how to recover or reset outlook password. And yes no need to panic, your password will be recovered easily.
How to Reset Your Outlook Password When Lost Or Forgotten?
There are few reasons that why you need to recover your outlook account:
- Someone must have tried to log in to your outlook account without even having the appropriate authorization , an hacker or someone who wanted to tease you may try these actions and due to their actions you must have been locked out of your outlook account.
- You may have forgotten your outlook password because you may have a lot of them and you keep on trying the wrong password and you attempted a lot of wrong passwords . outlook may have prompted to you about 2 or 3 attempts to enter the password and if one is not able to To enter the right password in these last attempts then outlook will block your access and will automatically prompt to recover or reset your password.
Here is steps how to reset outlook password:
The very first thing to do is directly go to your outlook.com. The moment you reach the page then you need to click on can not access your account. It may be the below of sign in button.
The moment you clicked on can not access your account you will be directly transferred to why are you facing trouble in sign in? There you need to click on I forgot my outlook password option and them simply click next.
Later you need to enter your outlook mail in the account field and enter all the character of captcha very carefully which is shown up to you for captcha verification , this will make you step closer to you to recover outlook mail account.
Next you need to select the verification option in which you are quite comfortable and confident. Outlook.com will be providing a link of outlook mail recovery password through many methods to retrieve outlook password.
Next you need to verify your identity so here you need to select the answer of the question prompted to you that will be how would you like to get your security code? and you will be given 4 options and you need to select one of them to verify your identity as well as to recover outlook account password and yes you also may have an option to choose that I am not able to access the phone number and the alternate email anymore.
This will add on one more step for recovery of outlook account, now you need to fill out a short form to retrieve your outlook account password, form may ask you to fill your basic and necessary information that will simply verify that will make sure that you are the owner of the account. the moment or the second you are done you will be able to receive a submission confirmation window. Now it is all depending on your form that how perfectly you filled out the google form and how accurately your submission is, if it is totally fine then Microsoft will accept it and do send you in email stating the success of your request.
Yes if you are very successful and you email of retrieve outlook password approves then you will receive an outlook account recovery code and the one need to enter the recovery code in the field which is prompted or shown up to you and next click on the use recovery code button. Now take deep breath you are done with completion of outlook password recovery process.
Some Tricks And Tips to How Do I Recover Outlook Forgot Password?
Here are steps shown below for outlook forgot password:
- Be sure that your account isn’t being inactive for more than 365 days.
- If you yourself deactivated your reset account then you are lacking in days if you change your mind to activate your account again then you need to do that within 30 days because after 30 days your account will be deleted.
- To receive your password as soon as possible you need to be sure that you provide the correct alternate email address and phone number and yes do make sure that you answer a security question too.
- Make sure that you always check the address bar, there can be a high probability that it can be a phishing site.
- Do not ever log in to your Hotmail account from a device you don’t trust, some devices as computer may contain some viruses and malware which may steal you outlook account password.
- Try to refresh your password or to change your password as often as possible, and if you can not remember outlook password then you should choose a password related to you as in your birthdate or your favourite thing.
- You can use the same password twice or thrice but use different styles or different variations of it example computer, cOMpuTeR, coMPUT3r etc. So that this exercise also make you remember your password.
- And at the last and an important one you make sure that your computer is installed with antivirus software, as antivirus software protects your computer from any virus attacks.