Printer Not Printing Black
Have you ever faced a problem in which you print your document and it is not printing black color? Like the printer is working but in the printed, output black color is missing.
It’s like your printer’s black ink had gone on a permanent holiday or a vacation. Don’t worry it is a very common problem faced by many users.
Whenever this happens, there is no need to panic or to worry it can be fixed or resolved easily, there is nothing big to deal with. The printer not printing black is a very minor problem and can be solved easily.
Reasons Why Printer Not Printing Black?
There can be a lot of reasons behind printers not printing black. This issue or this problem can occur due to usage of unknown source data file, or an issue with the printer head or printer is not able to read the data, however.
Some main Or important reasons are mentioned below:
- The printer head having an issue
- The issue regarding paper printing
- Printers driver related issue
- Insufficient source data
- Issues with the ink cartage
How To Solve The Issue, Printer Not Printing Black?
There are some common checkpoints which we need to keep in mind before we move on to the real solutions to solve the issue or to fix the problem By keeping in mind their checkpoints.
And it is quite possible that your problem will be solved without even moving to the real technical solutions or without wasting your precious time.
Read also: How To Fix Printer Not Responding Errors?
First of all, you need to identify why is this happening with your printer? Why it is not printing black? So that it becomes easy for us to solve your problem, whereas a printer is a machine and one should take care of it completely, should clear the head logs, service should be done once in a week, etc.
There are some points listed below to follow and troubleshoot your printer:
- The very first thing you need to do is that Completely turn off the printer and disconnect the interface cable between the computer and the printer. And yes you are also advised to check whether all the USB cables and other cables connected to the computer are completely plugged out or not. This step is a very important one, if the USB is left connected or the printer is not switched off then it may happen that it may crash your device and create another problem for you.
- The second step which is another most important that is checking the availability of paper in the printer, and Making sure there are enough paper or sheets in the paper tray, so the printer does not lack paper and the issue can be solved easily. One should be decent and calm-minded.
- After waiting for some time, try to reconnect your printer to the computer again and yes also connect all the USB cables back and turn on the printer. be responsible in this situation, don’t be careless, or else it may create another massacre for you to solve or to fix.
- The moment you turn on or switch on the printer, immediately go to the printer settings and click on the Print a test page running option, so as to check whether the printer is working fine probably now or not. Whether it is printing black or not? Basically, it is a test of your printer going on.
- A dialog box appears on your screen, now set the page size according to your preferences and yes do remember to make other settings after that click on the print test page button. Now here your problem must be fixed.
- After doing all the 5 steps the problem is not yet solved and your printer is still not printing black and If the problem still exists and the printer is still not printing black then check printer ink levels to determine the ink volume in the cartridge. In some cases, it may happen that the printer is not able to print just because of a shortage of ink in the cartridge. This can be a bug in your problem. In this case, refill your ink in the cartridge and repeat all the steps again, this time we are quite sure that your printer will start printing black.
How to Check Your Ink Cartridge?
You just need to follow the following steps:
- The very first thing to do is that replace your ink cartridges that are quite low on ink or are nearly empty.
- Do make sure that the ink cartridges are fixed into place and are properly installed in their appropriate slot. Which is given to every ink cartridge in the printer.
- And whenever you install or fix a new ink cartridge remember to check that you removed the tape over the vent or not. To be very sure make a double-check. Only install the new cartridge when the vent is removed otherwise it may cause another problem for you.
- Sometimes the vents are clogged with the dust of the cartridge and it is very simple to remove it. You can simply remove it by using a pin or needle and cleaning it up.
- And if your problem doesn’t fix try to use a different cartridge to verify your printer is able to recognize cartridges or not. If your printer used to work with an old cartridge then try to install that cartridge again and check again whether your printer prints any sort of output or not.